Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500x Bass Patches

jeffsoble

I’m a guitarist by nature that knows how to play bass but I wouldn’t call myself a bassist. I own only 1 bass guitar, an Epiphone Viola, which I chose originally simply for the fun of playing it and because I’m a big Beatles and Paul McCartney fan. However, now I’m writing and recording and am getting more serious with what I want my bass tone to be on my recordings. To this point, I’ve only used the standard patches that came with the unit, most of which I don’t particularly care for. Can anyone help me with creating custom bass patches? I want a sound that’s very much classic rock in nature. Something like what you’d hear by Pink Floyd or Eric Clapton. Thanks in advance!

When I've recorded bass, there are usually three lines, and three tones, running simutaneously. Say, bass ( with compressor) straight to board, close mic'd cab, and distant mic'd cab. These three get mixed into one really fat sound. Then you hear the recording and you're trying to dial in that fat sound with just one amp. Tough to do. If you ever plug into two amps at the same time, you'll hear exactly what I'm talking about. It's just a lot fatter sound. I try to run two of whatever you're doing and mix it into one. Hope that helps.