Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects setting question

Brofsu

Since you got no amps in the HXFX, I'd run some light Timmy distortion block (gain around 2, bass and treble cut 5, level 7) ---> some light Klon distortion block (gain 3, tone 5, level 6) --> a decent IR (try all of the stock ones) ---> a little room reverb. Start there, then mess around with it awhile and see what happens.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:53 AM, soundog said:

Since you got no amps in the HXFX, I'd run some light Timmy distortion block (gain around 2, bass and treble cut 5, level 7) ---> some light Klon distortion block (gain 3, tone 5, level 6) --> a decent IR (try all of the stock ones) ---> a little room reverb.

I am assuming this suggestion (which is a great one by the way) is for running direct.... but two things to point out. 

1. The HX Efects doesn't come with any IR's (mine didn't)... you have to find your own. The free Line 6 "Allure Pack" is a nice place to start. 
  2. Also worth noting... if you are running the HX Effects into an amp you won't need any IR's, although you are always free to experiment. 

Both excellent points. I forgot I loaded the Allure Pack on right after I got it; its a decent free starter set and certainly worth the price! Also worth noted that playing around with the gain and levels on both the distortion blocks will effect your tone dramatically. And you could add a simple EQ at the end of the path if you need to roll off your lows and especially highs. If you decide to shop for an IR beyond the Allure stuff, an easy place to start for Allman brother type stuff would be a basic Marshall 4x12 cab. Everyone has their own opinion on and favorite IRs, so that's a whole 'nutha level. You may like your tone better without. Experiment.