Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible "Destroyer" (from Mobius) model in future update??

jeremyburkett

I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not exactly sure where people go to share things like 'wish lists' for possible added fx models in future firmware updates.....so I thought I'd add one here! 

I just watched a presenter demo the Mobius (from Strymon) and I LOVED the 'Destroyer' setting!!  It lets you tear apart the regular, pristine signal at your selected bit rate, also lets you dial in or out some 'crackle', and then you've got a tone that sounds exactly like it's coming out of an old vinyl record player!!!  I don't know why but lately I've been digging all those lo-fi type effects for some reason.  I love the contrast they can give to all the great, clear tones you can get out of the Helix....doing something like that can really wake the audience up!   Of course, I'm fairly new to the Helix so maybe there's already something in there like that so maybe someone can point me in the right direction, but if not, that might be a cool model to add in a future firmware update.

Keep up the great work Line 6!!!!

13 hours ago, jeremyburkett said:

I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not exactly sure where people go to share things like 'wish lists' for possible added fx models in future firmware updates.....so I thought I'd add one here! 

I just watched a presenter demo the Mobius (from Strymon) and I LOVED the 'Destroyer' setting!!  It lets you tear apart the regular, pristine signal at your selected bit rate, also lets you dial in or out some 'crackle', and then you've got a tone that sounds exactly like it's coming out of an old vinyl record player!!! 

No idea what L6 will or won't create models of in the future... but in this case, you're in luck! Making a patch sound like $h*t is super easy...;)

Awesome!  Thanks everyone!!  I didn't know about the Bitcrusher but now I'll dive in and give it a try...

And...

4 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

No idea what L6 will or won't create models of in the future... but in this case, you're in luck! Making a patch sound like $h*t is super easy...;)

Now THAT is something I'm an expert at.......  ;o)

Thanks again!