Jump to content
jeremyburkett

Possible "Destroyer" (from Mobius) model in future update??

Recommended Posts

I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not exactly sure where people go to share things like 'wish lists' for possible added fx models in future firmware updates.....so I thought I'd add one here! 

 

I just watched a presenter demo the Mobius (from Strymon) and I LOVED the 'Destroyer' setting!!  It lets you tear apart the regular, pristine signal at your selected bit rate, also lets you dial in or out some 'crackle', and then you've got a tone that sounds exactly like it's coming out of an old vinyl record player!!!  I don't know why but lately I've been digging all those lo-fi type effects for some reason.  I love the contrast they can give to all the great, clear tones you can get out of the Helix....doing something like that can really wake the audience up!   Of course, I'm fairly new to the Helix so maybe there's already something in there like that so maybe someone can point me in the right direction, but if not, that might be a cool model to add in a future firmware update.

 

Keep up the great work Line 6!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jeremyburkett said:

I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not exactly sure where people go to share things like 'wish lists' for possible added fx models in future firmware updates.....so I thought I'd add one here! 

 

I just watched a presenter demo the Mobius (from Strymon) and I LOVED the 'Destroyer' setting!!  It lets you tear apart the regular, pristine signal at your selected bit rate, also lets you dial in or out some 'crackle', and then you've got a tone that sounds exactly like it's coming out of an old vinyl record player!!! 

 

No idea what L6 will or won't create models of in the future... but in this case, you're in luck! Making a patch sound like $h*t is super easy...;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried it... but isn´t the Bitcrusher model supposed to do that? I mean lower the resolution of the sound processing to make your guitar sound like an old 8 bit videogame?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Never tried it... but isn´t the Bitcrusher model supposed to do that? I mean lower the resolution of the sound processing to make your guitar sound like an old 8 bit videogame?

 

Yes. Try the Bitcrusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!  Thanks everyone!!  I didn't know about the Bitcrusher but now I'll dive in and give it a try...

 

 

 

  And...

4 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

 

No idea what L6 will or won't create models of in the future... but in this case, you're in luck! Making a patch sound like $h*t is super easy...;)

 

Now THAT is something I'm an expert at.......  ;o)

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×