Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finished my pedalboard!

jmp22684

The rockboard mod 2 worked out to be cheaper than the jacks I was going to drill out in the plexiglass.

But.... I plugged everything in and it didn't work! Had to pull it apart and fix sloppy solder work on the pcb and the power was just a mess of losely disconnected quick connects smashed in. Ripped those off and soldered that as well.

That’s a great idea ... Had an idea that you could only use a suitable bag such as the one in a suitcase to pack shirts in, but maybe a bit stronger/durable, flat square lying loose on top of the Helix. Didn't think of your method...

Your method looks interesting. It also means I have to ask how you “fixed” the Helix in the case? Assuming that the cover with the padding do not reaches the Helix, so what’s keeping the Helix in place, preventing it to movewhen lifting the case?

I was thinking to fix the Helix with Velcro attached on two or three places underneath. Velcro put on two or three discs/plates, which means that I do not have to remove the feet and keeping the ventilation around the device. Worked on a MIDI board I had before (hade to strips of aluminum with Velcro on both sides width of the Velcro), but the Helix is heavier so have to do some experimenting on this. Or you might have the solution.

Have looked at several types of cases, including tailor made, but they are a little too narrow or too wide for what I want to use it for. Yours looks good, but Amazon do not ship to Sweden... Has found one from Swan Flight Cases and one from Rock Case Flight case. The problem with both is that I would like to add a separate expression pedal later and both are a bit too narrow or the next size will be huge. Keep on looking…

Will check out the RockBoard mod-moules. Also interesting.

The thing is that I have split my gear into two pieces, Helix and a future expression pedal (will go into a case) and one with some irreplaceable pedals… , wireless rx, power switch for my Variax and some more. All mounted on a PT Novo 18.

66693637_Pedalboard-PTNovo18.jpg.c61224cfc96d2fbac35f70591728f815.jpg

//Per

You get 6" of height so there's plenty of room. I used a pretty strong adhesive, but I think I'm still just going to run some bolts through the straps and box for extra security. I just used brackets and little washers for the existing screws on the helix. Here's a pic.

I do the same with the boss pedal. What's funny is it's a volume pedal, but being used as expression pedal #3 in the helix to control a volume pedal at the end of the effects chain so I don't need to run my signal through any extra cable.

With the shure glxd, volume pedal and helix I needed a bare minimum of 32". This case worked out beautifully. 

20180825_124820.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...