Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Noises when plugged in USB

bwata

Hi everyone,

When I connect my HD500X in the USB port of an IMAC, I can hear a lot of noises and hums in every speakers plugged in the Pod (monitoring, guitar amp...)

Drivers seem ok, the HD works well the rest of the time.

Any idea ?

Yes all the speakers hum if they  are directly connected to the pod, when the pod is connected to the IMAC with USB.
For example, if i connect the Pod in my soundcard by XLR cable and in the computer with USB, the speakers connected to the soudcard don't hum.

Speakers or amps have to be connected directly to the pod when it's plugged with USB if i want they hum (and I don't want...)

Its a ground and typical issue - mine used to change output volume with laptop connected.

spent 6 months fighting the hd500x and sold it - never sounded good (thin and digital) and did not impress

replaced with HEADRUSH - buy used and you never need a pc except to load updates fir the firmware but everything else is easy on the tablet interface