Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reamp w/Logic Pro X

tarbuckt

Hi all,

First time poster, and I couldn't see anything on what I'm asking but if it is, I'm sorry!

Trying to reamp with Helix via USB.

I've set up 2 Audio Tracks, one as Input 1 (for normal Helix sound) and one as Input 7 (for dry signal).

However, nothing is being recorded on Input 7. It's not that it's quiet, it's that it is non-existent. I've record armed both tracks and I'm just getting nothing.

Struggling to see anything already raised on this issue as most people seem to get something recorded on 7...

Any ideas?

Tom

On 8/25/2018 at 2:00 AM, tarbuckt said:

Hi all,

First time poster, and I couldn't see anything on what I'm asking but if it is, I'm sorry!

Trying to reamp with Helix via USB.

I've set up 2 Audio Tracks, one as Input 1 (for normal Helix sound) and one as Input 7 (for dry signal).

However, nothing is being recorded on Input 7. It's not that it's quiet, it's that it is non-existent. I've record armed both tracks and I'm just getting nothing.

Struggling to see anything already raised on this issue as most people seem to get something recorded on 7...

Any ideas?

Tom

What you describe should work. Can you post a screen shot of your track set up in Logic Pro X, both for the wet and the dry? I use Helix as my audio interface and Logic Pro X and use this feature a lot. Make sure you actually have the Helix selected as the audio device in Logic. Specifically, I always record the dry along with the wet in case I want to reamp. Both the wet (stereo) track and the dry (mono) track are both armed to record. Then simple press record and off you go - both tracks record as expected.

Note - the stereo wet is USB 1 & 2 while the dry is USB 7.

To reamp, it's a simple matter of changing the USB 7 track's "output" to be USB 3 & 4 instead of the default "stereo" output, then set your Helix patch that you want to reamp into instead of "guitar" input to USB 3 & 4. Then record another wet track just like before except you disengage recording for the dry signal track - no changes needed on the "wet" track, it still uses USB 1 & 2 for input and Logic's default "stereo out" for output.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with the comments above from “bsd512”, this is exactly the way I use Helix for re-amping in Logic Pro.

Although, I did once come across a guy who had problems using the re-amp setup.

When I asked if he had USB 7 set to guitar - he said yes.

Then he explained what he was doing, and it turned out that the reason he couldn’t record any signal was because he was using a Variax!

A guitar is a guitar, right?

Not when it’s a Variax!

Please tell us that you’re not using a Variax.

If you are, set the USB channel 7 to Variax.

• Upvote 1