Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Effects

DJKhalsa_123

Hi,

I just recently bought the POD HD500X and was wondering can the POD achieve tones like titanium, Don't let me down by Chainsmokers and also the new upcoming songs. The reason i asked this is because i am a beginner guitarists and am just learning by myself. It would be great if someone could help me out.

Another question is that i try to get through the CUSTOMTONE patches for beat it solo for my POD HD500X but i can't get it cause no one has done the patches for the song for the POD HD 500X and i do not really know what effects are being used for that song. So was wondering can the pod achieve the tone as well. 

If you learn every setting inside that unit, then yes you can achieve almost any guitar sound. However, you'd be amazed how difficult some of them can be. It requires a lot of patience. For example, even Bias and Hum settings on the amp sims make a huge difference. Everything is going to have to be based around your specific guitar and pickups, so it's always best to make your own patches and not rely on someone else's.

There is an unofficial converter for files, so you could download a HD500 patch and convert it to load in the HD500X editor to examine the path.
https://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

Or you can do what others do and download the HD500 editor and load the patches you find there to view them and then manually replicate the path in the 500X editor.

cough... 

I feel like a broken record because I repeat myself so often... 

You do not need to convert files that belong to the HD500/HD500X/HD Pro/ HD Pro X

They are all interchangeable. 

The only issue you have is that the specific EDIT program for each device is only looking for a specific extension. The files work, you just need to use the 'drag and drop' method instead of using the file explorer. 

The drag and drop doesn't work for everyone, hence why alternative suggestions are brought forward as well. Fair point if drag and drop works for DJK. On Mac 10.9.5, my HD Pro files do not work in the 500X editor with drag and drop. I get an error of 'Invalid data....' so I try to suggest options that everyone can use for sure. Together we can save the world.