Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

polyphonic fx coming?

rudomat

"Insider" videos notwithstanding (oh the intrigue!), we'll all find out the same way, at the same time...when there's an announcement from the powers that be. Till then, go ahead and guess till you turn blue... at least that'll make the wait entertaining. 

14 hours ago, rudomat said:

about 4 months ago some insiders anounced that polyphonic fx might come to hx fx...any news about that....? the really poor tuner f.e. would need that badly...

I posted this in another thread, but it seems I should put it here also.

What you have there is old news - Digital Igloo (Eric) posted this way back on 14th Feb.

Hope this clears it up - yeah, right!

Edited by datacommando
Can’t link to picture

8 hours ago, datacommando said:

I posted this in another thread, but it seems I should put it here also.

What you have there is old news - Digital Igloo (Eric) posted this on FarceBuck way back on 14th Feb and got this comment in mid June.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217049376925446&set=p.10217049376925446&type=3&theater

Hope this clears it up - yeah, right!

thanks...but it seems this link doesn´t work....can you tell me what it says...? thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, rudomat said:

thanks...but it seems this link doesn´t work....can you tell me what it says...? thanks a lot!

Hi rudomat,

Apologies for that bad link, it’s a pain in the ***, getting an image to load on here.

I’ve edited the previous post.

Even easier, I found my original post about this on here:

9 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

When the only people who actually know the answer to a question ain't talking, the debate is about as useful as an elevator in an outhouse...

True, so very true.

The trouble is that this keeps coming up because first DI make public comments and now Frank R.

What are people to make of it?

Whatever they want I suppose.

These things are meant to keep folk dangling on a string.

It's harmless fun, but it's a distraction too.

:-)

• Upvote 1

technically the synth drones are polyphonic, so id imagine the real challenge is when a note is plucked, translating that note data to synth fx, along with other notes [poly] could require quite a lot of processing power. I know so far of only one pedal that does it [w/o a gk], i wont name the brand/model, but its made primarily with this in mind - has onlly been around for a couple years too.

If line 6 pulls * that * off, it would be quite an accomplishment to manage to do this, that is, getting all of that somehow, into the helix [i have an LT], that would be beyond amazing!