Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what am I missing here.... POD HD PRO X and FBV3

I've got to be missing a setting somewhere... 

So if I'm looking at my FBV 3, there's a display window. How do I get that display window to tell me which effect I'm stomping on? it'll show me the Preset that I'm on, but doesn't tell me that I've stepped on the distortion. Even if it just flashed it for a second or two.. just to let me know, on a dark stage that I pushed the right button.. 

Am I missing something?

• 10 months later...

If I understand Bears question the effect ON OFF would usually be indicated by the brightness level of colored LED, but after reading several posts the colored LEDs only work when the FBV3 is plugged to certain amps.  However if your footswitches do glow with color when the effect is ON when the color LED is brighter,  When OFF the color LED is dimmer.  ADBrown is right, effect on off isn't displayed on the screen.

Sorry for boring you if I totally misunderstood your question.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Bear706 said:

I've got to be missing a setting somewhere... 

Hey Benj99, Can you tell me if the FBV3 works well with the pod hd pro x?

So if I'm looking at my FBV 3, there's a display window. How do I get that display window to tell me which effect I'm stomping on? it'll show me the Preset that I'm on, but doesn't tell me that I've stepped on the distortion. Even if it just flashed it for a second or two.. just to let me know, on a dark stage that I pushed the right button.. 

Am I missing something?

• 2 months later...

I see these issues still exist! Whats worse is, ok, so I click FS3, how do I know what effect that is mapped to. So in every patch, I have to assign effects the same way in an order that matches the order of the footswitches? The colors at least told you what it was by the color. So what the red light comes on, depending on the patch selected that FS3 could be a different effect. SUPER CONFUSING! VERY MISLEADING! FRUSTRATED!

• 3 weeks later...

No reply! So frustrating to pay the price I paid for this unit and cant find anything that explains how to use it correctly. If i had a spider or other devices its different, but if I am using my fbv3 with my pod hd pro x, no one seems to know anything about it. It seems like a simple issue and trying to see if its a problem with the device or not so I can get warranty info if its not working correctly. If I click the bank up or down buttons, it tells me that I am creating a NEW TONE. "2A NEW TONE" I have in my set list using the pod hd software, 2 banks with tones in that set list already. I feel like Im missing something, cause there is no documentation relating to this issue. Anyone?

Frustrated!!

26 minutes ago, tecboy said:

... cant find anything that explains how to use it correctly. .

There is a manual although it is very brief. If you haven't seen it yet here's a link:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06439c13b82573b4a40dbbe1/application/pdf/FBV3 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

Note that there is reference to a control app that you can download.