Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Harmonizer Error

allthenotes

While running a diatonic 3rds harmony in G Harmonic minor, the A note is giving a C & C# simultaneously (it should be C). I double checked my tuning and tried it in a number of places on the fretboard and with the tone rolled down on neck pickup in case an upper harmonic was triggering something and got the same result. I have firmware 2.60. 

Any help from Line 6 and corroboration from other users and perhaps other instances of errors would be appreciated to help resolve this issue. 

Are you using the Twin Harmony pedal and if so what do you have configured as the 2nd harmony?  That's the only way I could understand how it might generate two harmony notes at the same time.  I use this extensively and have never had any problems with errant harmony notes.  The only other way I could see something like this maybe happening would be if you had the harmonizer placed ahead of a distortion pedal in front of the amp where harmonics might be created by the distortion pedal.  Normally the harmony pedal is somewhere after the amp.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:54 AM, allthenotes said:

While running a diatonic 3rds harmony in G Harmonic minor, the A note is giving a C & C# simultaneously (it should be C). I double checked my tuning and tried it in a number of places on the fretboard and with the tone rolled down on neck pickup in case an upper harmonic was triggering something and got the same result. I have firmware 2.60. 

Any help from Line 6 and corroboration from other users and perhaps other instances of errors would be appreciated to help resolve this issue. 

Have you tried this with a different guitar? Barring it being one of the causes DunedinDragon described maybe you are getting a weird harmonic from a high fret or some other physical cause on the guitar. If this is still happening with another guitar try bypassing all the blocks in the preset other than the harmonizer and the amp/cab and see if it goes away. If so, then add them back one by one until the C# comes back.

...and it was user error. Sorry all, the 2nd harmony was not configured correctly. Just an unlikely coincidence that all notes harmonized correctly except the last note in the melody I was playing which happened to be A. Still pretty new to this, my apologies.