Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching between clean patches and distortions.

kyleernest

Hey guys! I'm a new owner of the 500X and I'm just working on getting my tones in order and creating patches..

I have a lead patch and a clean patch I usually jump in between but my lead patch is so loud that I would have to turn down my channel volume on the mixer or my master volume on the 500X.

Then when I switch back to my clean patch it's obviously soft. Could any of you guys help me in terms of what to do so I can have my volume levels at the same so I could switch between patches easily? Thanks!

next time you turn down the channel volume on the loud lead patch...store it and DON"T TOUCH THE MASTER...It's called leveling patches...The MASTER is NOT stored, that is why you usually want to  get that level set with you primary patch and then start going thru the others adjusting the channel vol only and SAVING....Lots of back and forth, but you will get the gist after a bit. good luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spaceatl said:

next time you turn down the channel volume on the loud lead patch...store it and DON"T TOUCH THE MASTER...It's called leveling patches...The MASTER is NOT stored, that is why you usually want to  get that level set with you primary patch and then start going thru the others adjusting the channel vol only and SAVING....Lots of back and forth, but you will get the gist after a bit. good luck.

Fantastic! Guys thank you so much for your help response I really do appreciate it! I'm gonna try that out when I get home.. just to ensure I understand.. on the mixer in my patch level off the patch from there then save right?

16 hours ago, kyleernest said:

Fantastic! Guys thank you so much for your help response I really do appreciate it! I'm gonna try that out when I get home.. just to ensure I understand.. on the mixer in my patch level off the patch from there then save right?

You shouldn't have to go into the mixer block for major adjustments... the channel volume in the amp block should be able to handle the bulk of volume leveling issues.