Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

switch the parameters you see up top

Jasonbrianmerrill

It's not clear what you're referring to here.  The number of parameters an effect has is determined by the effect that's being modeled.  All parameters an effect has are always available to be changed although you may have to page over to see them if you're using the Helix display and controls.  If you're talking about the order of those parameters, i.e. which parameters are on which page, that's all hard coded and isn't changeable.

You can't change the relative position of parameter, but on the HX Effects, if you touch the footswitch for the effect you want to edit for two seconds, all the parameters will spill across the scribble strips. To edit a parameter in a different scribble strip, you simply touch that footswitch and now those parameters will be active.

22 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

thank you, but I was thinking more of assigning often used parameters so I wouldn't have to do that :)

Is is there some particular parameter, on anything other than what’s on the first page, that you feel is used more often and therefore needs to be moved? If there is you can always put your suggestion on “Ideascale” and see if it gets voted up.

Personally I’ve been using Helix since late 2015 and never felt that the layout of the parameter control needs to be changed. Frankly, the Line6 development team must have had their reasons for the position of each element. I reckon what you’re suggesting is just plain weird! What the hell are you using more often that can’t be coped with by pushing a button to page back and forth? A lot of stuff only has one page and if there is a second , maybe that simply says “Trails”. Took a while for that to be added.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have the mix knob for the compressor on the front page. I just finished a recording session and the last thing I want to do is go out into my studio after 5 hours of recording drums. LOL. But I will check it out and see what suggestions I can make. I don't see why such a highly configurable device wouldn't be able to have this functionality, but it's not a deal-breaker.

22 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have the mix knob for the compressor on the front page. I just finished a recording session and the last thing I want to do is go out into my studio after 5 hours of recording drums. LOL. But I will check it out and see what suggestions I can make. I don't see why such a highly configurable device wouldn't be able to have this functionality, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Eh? Do you have a compressor that has the mix option on a second page? Do tell. I just finished a long drinking session and I don’t want to go into my studio after all this.... I don’t see why a... but, it’s not... aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

6 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

hehe, I see where you're coming from now - but yes the Deluxe comp has mix AND level on another page. I'd love to have those on the front with threshold. 

If it’s such a pain to switch pages to make a minor edit scoot over to “Ideascale”, run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. Good luck with that one.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

It's not such a small thing in the middle of a gig, you might not be familiar with that situation, and that's ok. 

Sorry fella, I’m a studio rat. I have plenty of time to switch parameters.

Thing is, this looks like it may be a major design flaw that the Line 6 design team never considered and now you will be able to show them the error of their ways. It has never come up since the release of the Helix range, but now it’s here I will not be able to sleep until this blatant oversight has been corrected. Lets hope they will be all over it lie a cheap suit, after all you paid a lot for this gizmo and it’s just not good enough. You did check it out first, didn’t you?

Jeeziz!  Really wish I had something to worry about.

Ideascale please.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

I'm just asking if it can be done. You are projecting a whole number of other dysfunctions on top of this, and I honestly don't need it. You can go somewhere else at this point. Thank you for your help.

Oh dear, Seems I have touched a nerve and someone is getting a little bit upset.

Dude, you asked if this can be done, and the response from “phil_m” in post #4, was clearly stated

“You can't change the relative position of parameters”

I’m not projecting anything, you have pointed out what you seem to regard as shortcomings in the design of the unit, and I disagreed with that point.

Just because you are tired and emotional, you don’t need to direct that at me.

I am somewhere at this point, and have been there for many, many years.

Thank you for your interest and please leave your attitude at the door.

Did you have a sense of humour bypass operation?

20 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Don’t forget that there’s always Pedal Edit Mode as well. You don’t have to even bend down to use that.

thank you so much! Super helpful! 

35 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Oh dear, Seems I have touched a nerve and someone is getting a little bit upset.

Dude, you asked if this can be done, and the response from “phil_m” in post #4, was clearly stated

“You can't change the relative position of parameters”

I’m not projecting anything, you have pointed out what you seem to regard as shortcomings in the design of the unit, and I disagreed with that point.

Just because you are tired and emotional, you don’t need to direct that at me.

I am somewhere at this point, and have been there for many, many years.

Thank you for your interest and please leave your attitude at the door.

Did you have a sense of humour bypass operation?

I mean, do you want to go over exactly what happened here? Everything was fine until you wanted to troll. Have a great one :)