Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

BPM per Preset sync with Tracs?

toby49

I need help. I play guitars in a worship band. We use many tracks in the songs. Although I store the songs in the correct bpm (preset per song), they are not in sync with the tracks. The drummer starts the tracks & I used to taped the bpm with my foot. But often it wasen‘t really accuret (I play with lots of dotted eights delays).

Is there a way to save the tempo per preset and just give the cue with the foot without changing the saved bpm again?

Greetings from Switzerland

On a preset, touch and hold (do not push) the tap button. You can set the BPM for the preset on the screen. Save the preset. Now, do NOT tap in a tempo because it will overwrite the BPM you just programmed. 

This is how I handle tempos in Worship every Sunday. I have one main preset I use, I just have them saved in preset slots 0-4, and I pre-program the BPMs in each. I then just change preset with the preset ^v switches on the left. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:21 PM, toby49 said:

Is there a way to save the tempo per preset and just give the cue with the foot without changing the saved bpm again?

Perhaps I misunderstand. Why do you need to 'cue' anything? Once the correct bpm is saved with the preset, the actual tempo effects follow your playing - not some underlying song tempo. When you strike a guitar note the bpm FX apply to the struck note whether or not it is struck exactly 'on the beat'. There is no underlying beat/bar that the bpm is following; Helix simply applies the saved fx bpm settings to the note when struck.