Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Easiest way to transfer patches to new unit? Hd500

blndsk4

Sorry I'm sure this answer already exists, but i got frustrated trying to find it lol

All i want to know is if i were to purchase a new hd500 is there a quick easy way to transfer all my old presets onto it? Perhaps with just a midi cable or usb? Also what if i upgrade from the hd500 to the hd500x? Will my old presets be compatible? 

I've had my current one for quite some time now and I'm very used to it and it worked great until recently when it started having minor glitch issues. Such as the tuner wont stay on, like it will switch back to live mode while I'm in the middle of tuning. Also sometimes it won't turn on when i plug it in, the screen just blinks and it makes a repeating popping sound through my amp. Very nerve racking when we are about to take the stage and and my entire set depends on if the thing is going to power up or not lol

So i just want a new one, but i dont really want to have to start from scratch, i would like to keep all of the tones I've spent years working on.

Thanks

13 hours ago, hurghanico said:

but in reverse not all the patches made on the HD500X are compatible with the HD500

I know this is just a wording issue, but I'd just like to tweak that statement a little.... 

in reverse, the files are completely compatible. But it is possible that you may run into an issue with certain individual patches due to hardware limitations of "the HD500  since the HD500 has 20% less DSP resources available". 

Basically, when kept up to date with the latest firmware versions, the 4 units (500/500x/pro/pro x) are all the same. The files are all completely compatible with one another. 

But, depending on the programming of content of individual files, there could be issues. Let's say you were to need an immediate replacement unit (such as loss from theft, or if a venue was going to supply gear because of travel restrictions), these are the things you would need to be aware of - 

1. the rack units do not have a (built in) foot controller. This isn't an issue if you are going from a rack unit to a floor unit. But if you have come to rely on "pedalboard mode", you will need to make adjustments to your usage.      

2. the rack units have a few other jacks that allow for some minor routing differences. This isn't an issue if you are going from the floor unit to the rack unit. But if you have been using the rack unit in the studio, you may need to make adjustments to your usage. 

3. the two X units, while still being limited to 2 amps and 8 effect blocks, have "more power". This really only matters if you are running dual amps and 8 delays/reverbs in one patch. It is only those type of extreme power consuming patches that will not work on the "low power" units. 

Its a computer and a file, the word 'incompatible' has certain connotations

They are compatible. Certain individual files may just not work. 

And, like you, if I find a file doesn't work, I use offline mode to remove something dumb like a volume pedal. 

Hello good afternoon
I'm having problems with my POD HD 500
I put the volume sound of the amp selected on the pedalboard at 100% volume and suddenly it is at 7% or 0%. Example amp fender tweed: drive 50% Bass 53% Mid 45% Treble 72% Pres 55 CH VOL 100% saved.When the CH VOL is set to 0% or 7%
I would like help solving the problem
Thank you