Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 + HD400 signal flow questions...

nickfynn

I'm running the guitar into HD400 and then HD400 to DT25 combo via L6 Link.

In 4-cable method, time based fx are inserted in the chain after the preamp. How does using HD400 in front of the DT25 impact this timing?

For instance, with amp/cab simulation off on HD400, does guitar signal travel from guitar, to HD400, then to amp, then back up to the time-based fx in HD400, then back to power amp? Or (as I suspect) is it more like putting the time-based fx in front of the preamp?

Another way to think of it is if I just used the 8 open slots in the DT25 to hold my favorite models, and then just wanted to use the HD400 as an fx unit, would I be better off running guitar straight into DT25, then using DT25 fx loop out to HD400 and then back?

Thanks everyone.

If you are using the link, then you are basically only using the power amp in the DT25...You might want to make sure that you time based FX are set POST to insure they are after the amp model. PRE for wah, screamers, ie gain stomps....of you if you like it before the amp....System link is one way.

• 1 year later...

hello everybody.

questions about "dream rig" scenario w/ L6 link:

1. I have to switch the amp model menu on preamp (rather than full), do I? 
  2. which Output Mode - Live Options do I have to chose (studio direct, combo/ stack front or combo/ stack power amp)? 

thanks