Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 heavy static noise when instrument is silent

Dawylde

Hey!

I bought a used G10 from ebay, it works like it should. The first owner did not have its original power adapter, so i bought a generic one with same specs of original (5v 1amp). The problem Im having with my G10 is that im getting noise from it, even if I lower the volume on my guitar. I have tried with other guitars and even bass and still getting noise. Also I tried unplugging transmitter and plugging into base for 10 seconds so it can find a "better" channel, but still getting noise.

Its hard to describe the noise, but it is like heavy static combined with crackles and pops or like energy hum. I contacted the seller and he said he also used a generic power adapter and had no issue. 

I dont know what else I can try, could this be grounding issue or the generic adapter?

The device works as it should, I can clearly hear my guitar when playing, but when I stop, the noise starts.

If anyone can help, I highly appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Try using a USB battery pack to power the G10 Receiver Base unit. Doing so will eliminate any A/C power supply line interference from the equation. If you still find you are encountering noise when running the receiver base unit on battery power, the source will not be from the A/C power supply.