Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Behringer UMC404

endemolash

Okay so I know Helix isn’t made for this but it almost works!

I have a Behringer UMC404 which I use 3 mics plugged into XLR inputs.

works great.

but I’d like to use a compressor and some vocal effects live.

I’ve gone from the Behringer to the Helix via the inserts on the back using a Y cable into the send and return of the effects loop o the helix.

It works but I think because the helix output is Send 1/2 Send 3/4 

for some reason, The first mic in input one suddenly picks up Mic input 2.

so what I mean is when I use the mic plugged into the first input it also comes through input 1 and 2.

everything else is fine except I can’t seem to get input 1 and 3 to be serperate.

im sure no one has done this and not much advice but if anyone has an idea please let me know!

sorry for my grammar etc I’m typing Ona. Japanese keyboard and English is hard to change to.

So you have the L/R outputs of your interface going into the Helix inserts to use some FX on the microphone? Just wanna make sure I understand your signal chain. Is this for a live performance or for tracking? If it's for tracking, I would just use FX in your DAW after you record a dry microphone signal. If it's for live use ditch the interface, hook your microphone into the Helix directly, and set up a channel for the FX you need.

For UMC404 MIC Input 1

Helix INPUT Block blank (X)

TIP from UMC404 Insert 1 => Helix Return 1 => Mono Return Block 1 => Helix effects => Mono Send Block 1 => Helix Send 1 = Ring from (to) UMC404 Insert 1

Helix OUTPUT Something you don't use, digital maybe?

You could do this for all 4 mics on one preset. There's a template for it that gives you 4 separate signal chains.