Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Send/Return in TRS ?

ZSchneidi

Hey guys,

I currently struggle with the Helix using the Kemper in the FX loop. I get a lot of noise through the cables used.

I want to upgrade to TRS cables but im not sure if the FX send/returns on the helix offer TRS support.

The manual doesn't help me there.

Can you tell me if I can use Balanced cables in the effects loops on the helix ?

How long are the cables that you're using? Under 20', shielded cables shouldn't add noise. There seems to be an issue with the Helix Send/Return loops adding noise that's resolved using the level settings. I don't remember the details, but there are a number of threads about it on here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phil_m said:

The Helix’s sends and returns are unbalanced, so using TRS cables won’t make any difference.

Thanks for the information. In that case I safe the money and try to figure out whats the problem.

16 hours ago, rd2rk said:

How long are the cables that you're using? Under 20', shielded cables shouldn't add noise. There seems to be an issue with the Helix Send/Return loops adding noise that's resolved using the level settings. I don't remember the details, but there are a number of threads about it on here.

Its in my home practicing rig i use unnecessarily long cable about 8-10 meters or so these are pretty wired up so could imagine that they pick up some cross feeding.

Although they are good quality cables.

So you say there are known issues with the Helix send/return circuits ? Ok that is new information. I might search up this topic and try to fix it that way.

That would be pretty convenient because i have turned up the level on the effects loop block as far as i can remember.

Thanks Bud.