Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sequence (how to make tone?)

Guitarsarang

How you guys make the snap shot? what block you create?

usually I start out compressor  - overdrive -(some pitch adjustment) - delay -reverb - amp/cap or IR..

I saw few youtube video that they choose amp/cap first.. so it is from right to left . in my case , left to right..

Give me your thought and tips..

thanks always!

I guess the easy answer is whatever gives you a sound you like. 

I generally use from beginning to end: Wah, overdrive, distortion, Modulation effects (except tremolo), amp, tremolo, cab, delay, reverb, EQ, compressor (sometimes), gain (for solo boost). But all is dependent on the sounds I’m looking for.

The fun thing with Helix is that it’s so easy to change things around. YouTube has some great examples. I’ve learned a lot from Jason Sadites’ clips for instance. The best advice is to check out what others are doing and use what you like. And above all, use your ears with the setup and volume that you’ll be using it with.

Cheers!

Nothing is really particular to a snapshot since a snapshot is just a specific specialized view of a single preset.  But as far as a preset is concerned I think the most general approach is the one that's used  most commonly in regular setups in the real world.  Something similar to:

input block -> compressor -> modulation -> overdrive -> amp -> cab/IR -> pitch effect-> delay/reverb -> EQ -> output block.

Of course there's lots of ways to vary that and many people insert delays/reverbs and modulation effects between the amp and the cab/ir, or moving the compressor to the final block in the signal chain.  It would probably be worth your time to watch a few of the Jason Sadites videos on YouTube and familiarize yourself with how he lays out his presets and then applies presets to them.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, DunedinDragon said:

Nothing is really particular to a snapshot since a snapshot is just a specific specialized view of a single preset.  But as far as a preset is concerned I think the most general approach is the one that's used  most commonly in regular setups in the real world.  Something similar to:

input block -> compressor -> modulation -> overdrive -> amp -> cab/IR -> pitch effect-> delay/reverb -> EQ -> output block.

Of course there's lots of ways to vary that and many people insert delays/reverbs and modulation effects between the amp and the cab/ir, or moving the compressor to the final block in the signal chain.  It would probably be worth your time to watch a few of the Jason Sadites videos on YouTube and familiarize yourself with how he lays out his presets and then applies presets to them.

Yes, this ^^^ plus a volume pedal at the end.