Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When I try updating it says"There is no application set to open the document"

sheydorn

Hi everybody, hope you can help me. I've been trying to update my Helix LT to the firmware 2.60, but every time I try it says "There is no application set to open the document “Helix_LT_v2_60_0_bundle (8).hxf”." I have already updated to the latest edition of HX Edit and I've tried manually to try and open the document with the HX Edit, but it wont allow it. Any clues to what I should do? (I have a iMac) 

Kind regards, Simon   

You need to use Line 6 Updater to install the update. You don't need to open the actual update file itself. Since you've already installed HX Edit, Line 6 Updater should already be installed as it's included in the HX Edit installer package.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

You need to use Line 6 Updater to install the update. You don't need to open the actual update file itself. Since you've already installed HX Edit, Line 6 Updater should already be installed as it's included in the HX Edit installer package.

Hi phil_m, thank you so much for responding :)  I'm not sure I understand, though. What I have tried so far: 
going to the line 6 homepage -- Updating HX Edit -- pushing the button for "get download" -- then when i try to open the file et says There is no application set to open the document “Helix_LT_v2_60_0_bundle (8).hxf”. After that I tried to open the Line 6 Updater and log and it just said "Select device to update" and then there is no options to choose from? btw i have a mac. Is there something I am missing?

The .hxf file is the flash file that Line 6 Updater sends to the Helix to update it. You don't actually need to download it at all. You are trying to download it, and your computer is looking for a program to open it, and it won't find it, because that's not how it works.

When you open Line 6 Updater, make sure you have HX Edit closed, otherwise it won't recognize the Helix. If it's still not recognizing the Helix, try using another USB port and/or USB cable.

34 minutes ago, phil_m said:

The .hxf file is the flash file that Line 6 Updater sends to the Helix to update it. You don't actually need to download it at all. You are trying to download it, and your computer is looking for a program to open it, and it won't find it, because that's not how it works.

When you open Line 6 Updater, make sure you have HX Edit closed, otherwise it won't recognize the Helix. If it's still not recognizing the Helix, try using another USB port and/or USB cable.

Phil, you are my hero! Thanks a lot. If you ever make a stop in Denmark I'll buy you a beer :)