Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume pedal for Helix floor controller

rwinking

I assume on the regular Helix that it defaults to the volume pedal. However on the floor controller there is no pedal. I have a mission pedal and I can get it to use a way no problem. I put a volume pedal block in there and I can’t get it to work at all. I thought I read in the manual that it would  automatically  recognize a pedal that is plugged in.

There's not really a default use for the expression pedal(s), per se. There are some blocks that come in set up with parameters tied to the EXP1 or EXP2 already. I believe the Volume comes in setup to be controlled by EXP2 and Wah EXP1. The Whammy may be another one that comes in like that. In any case, it's simple to change that. Simply hold down the knob for the parameter you want to control, press the "Learn" knob and move the pedal you want to use to control it.

All that being said, the important question is what Mission Pedal do you have? Is it one of the Line 6 compatible versions?

The mission pedal I have is one that worked with my old M13 and POD HD500X so I assume it is compatible. Plus I can get the wah to work with it on the floor controller. I was kind of looking for a sample patch that had the  volume pedal incorporated into it but so far they I can use it as a wah but not volume.

thanks for this and any other future help!

So I hooked up both a Mission and an Ernie Ball VP and you were right about EXP 1 being for wah and EXP 2 for volume. I am sure there is a way to use one FS to toggle beteen wah and volume. Would you know how to do that? what I am after is, since I don't have a toe activated pedal, I would like to use one FS and use the same pedal for both wah and volume and be able to switch between them.