Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Farm too loud in stand alone mode

I´m running POD Farm with the zoom UAC-2 audio interface as a plugin inside Cubase and also in stand alone mode.

It works great as a plugin but when I´m running in stand alone mode the output is way too loud. The output meter is totally in the red zone.

All my other guitar programs work well in stand alone mode except POD Farm.

Any idea what could cause this problem ?

3 hours ago, Gaz_Ham said:

Have you tried turning down the output dial in the top right hand corner of the stand-alone interface?

I turned it down about -15dB so it´s equal with the plugin output.

Unfortunatly it´s not possible to save this setting.

But should the stand alone version not be the same in output as the plugin with the same audio interface ?

I can´t see a +18 dB boost in mixer view. Maybe because I use the Zoom UAC-2 audio interface.

I remember when I used my DI Toneport it was visible.

OK I reduced the output in the mixer at about 14 dB so that the output isn´t clipping.

This setting stays when I launch the stand alone Version again.

Is this the only way to set it up so it´s not clipping ?

20 hours ago, jjRocker said:

I can´t see a +18 dB boost in mixer view. Maybe because I use the Zoom UAC-2 audio interface.

You are probably right.

20 hours ago, jjRocker said:

OK I reduced the output in the mixer at about 14 dB so that the output isn´t clipping.

This setting stays when I launch the stand alone Version again.

Is this the only way to set it up so it´s not clipping ?

Not sure, it's been several years since I used PF2 with a non-Line6 interface, and that was with Win7, but I do not remeber having this issue.

Do the input gains on the Zoom affect anything?

The Input gain is setup correctly.

I opened the mixer view in plugin mode and it´s setup to 0 dB by default. So it´s the same as in stand alone mode.

So this issue appears only in stand alone mode. All my other guitar simulation don´t have this issue. So I asume something is setup wrong in Pod Farm.

• 4 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 11:07 PM, jjRocker said:

The Input gain is setup correctly.

I opened the mixer view in plugin mode and it´s setup to 0 dB by default. So it´s the same as in stand alone mode.

So this issue appears only in stand alone mode. All my other guitar simulation don´t have this issue. So I asume something is setup wrong in Pod Farm.

If you haven't fixed it yet:

I have the same issue with POD Farm run through my Behringer UMC204HD unit. I simply change the model and change it back and the output volume issue is fixed.  Odd that Pod Farm does this while all my other amp modelers don't.  I guess it's a bug.