Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod XT Live - Delay/latency in monitoring output via USB

Just set up my old Pod XT Live on new(ish) Win10 x64 machine. All drivers are now installed and up to date (according to the latest version of Monkey). Everything seems to work fine except there is quite a delay between hitting a string on my guitar and hearing the output via my soundcard. I could just monitor using headphones into the Pod, but it would be nice not to have to if there is any way to fix this issue. Is it just because I'm basically using two sound devices and the signal is being routed from the Pod through my soundcard, or is there something I can tweak somewhere that might fix it?

Cheers for any help.

The delay is called latency and it's the time it takes your soundcard to process the signal. However, it should be barely noticeable depending on the quality of the soundcard and the speed of your computer. 

Need more info:

Is the audio out from your POD plugged into the Line In on your soundcard? 

What kind of computer (desktop or laptop/notebook)? What is the sound device listed in Windows Device Manager?

What device do you have set as the default playback device in WIndows? 

Go into the Windows Control Panel and look for your soundcard. Check those settings. 

Ideally, you want an audio interface (soundcard) that will let you select ASIO mode. That will give you the lowest latency.  

The ideal configuration is to use the PODxt as your audio interface (sounddcard). So you would connect your monitoring solution directly to the PODxt. Depending on your workflow, you may want to get a mixer so you can route you PODxt , PC, and whatever else to the mixer and output to your monitors/headphones. If you plan on recording you definitely should not use you PC’s soundcard.