Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 model selector switch

bubney

Could anybody tell me where I could buy a replacement model selector rotary switch for my Variax 700 solid body electric guitar? I have just bought this awesome guitar and it looks like it took a knock in transit and is now faulty.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20180907_125433657.jpg

I can't guarantee this is the correct switch, but this is from my Variax acoustic notes:

Article on model selector
http://active-guitar.com/guitar-diy/fixing-a-faulty-variax-model-selector/

Or fill out a ticket and see if you can get the part from Line 6. They may ask you to contact a repair center, maybe even send in your guitar.

Do you have a link to that part on the full compass site? I couldn't find it when I typed in the part number. If you have no other way to get it, I'd be glad to help a fellow Variax owner out by ordering it and re-shipping it to the UK from the US for just the actual item + shipping costs, or any customs fees, etc. Let me know if you get stuck....

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2018 at 4:56 AM, soundog said:

Do you have a link to that part on the full compass site? I couldn't find it when I typed in the part number. If you have no other way to get it, I'd be glad to help a fellow Variax owner out by ordering it and re-shipping it to the UK from the US for just the actual item + shipping costs, or any customs fees, etc. Let me know if you get stuck....

Very kind of you, thanks. the part no is 50-00-0159 , but you are quite right there is no page showing it on the fullcompass site. Fullcompass assure me that is the part, then assured me that I cannot buy it from the UK lol

I'll try the UK tipoffs from psarkissian first. If i have no joy I would greatly appreciate taking up your offer. 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, psarkissian said:

In the UK,... also check with E&M Electronics in Milton Keynes or Mark Wright at Mark Wright

Music in Northampton. Mark used to be my opposite number at Line 6 UK in Rugby.

Thanks very much, I'll try them. 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:56 AM, soundog said:

Hi Soundog, I am indeed stuck having exhausted all options in the UK. I would be very appreciative to take up your offer if it still stands, and can pay you up front via paypal if that works?

Here is the note from Fullcompass on how to order, as the part is not visible on the website.

Hello,

Part# 50-00-0159 is the model selector pot for Variax 700.  $14.65.  To place an order please call 800-356-5844 and have the appropriate part#(s) on hand.