Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has Anyone Used The Dt25 And Tech 21 Power Engine 60 With Pod Hd500

glenbury

Hi;

I'm on the fence between getting a DT25 or PE60 for my POD HD500.

Based on research the PE60 seems a popular choice for the POD.

I would prefer the DT25 since it's obviously Line 6 and made to complement the POD

but I'm hesitant since sooner or later all Line 6 amps become legacy products with 

no ongoing support from Line 6. Like Flextone, Vetta, AX2, etc....

I don't mind a POD eventually not getting support. If it goes down, just get a new one.

But a $ 1000 amp having problems a few years down the line and not being able to get support ? Well,

I'm a little skittish.

Does the PE60 sound good enough as a second choice to the DT 25 ?

Please share your thoughts guys, and thanks !

Glenbury

there something you just can't get any other way besides a tube amp.... I see what you're saying, and the PE might add some benefits for using acoustics...

there is something crazy good about the tube sound though that you might wish you had...

any reason you aren't also considering the new stagesource speakers? they aren't tube, but they have put some work into the available modes that might help....

Stagescape ? Isn't that a mixer ?  

Stage Source is the full blown mixer. Stage Scape is the line of speakers that go with it. I know. Strange right? That's how it is. I have an L3t, HD500, and a JTV-69. Amazing combo. But ultimately, you have to play all these options, or be satisfied with one, before you're happy. 

Ok, I never even noticed these speakers. So I guess Stagescape is the Line 6 response to the Tech 21 PE or Atomic cabs.

Do you need the Stage Source mixer to connect to the Stagescape speakers or can you connect directly from the POD HD to the speakers ?

Thanks

Ok, I never even noticed these speakers. So I guess Stagescape is the Line 6 response to the Tech 21 PE or Atomic cabs.

Do you need the Stage Source mixer to connect to the Stagescape speakers or can you connect directly from the POD HD to the speakers ?

Thanks

You can go direct from any of the HD500 inputs into any input into the L3t (XLR. Line Level [1/4 inch guitar cable], or L6 Link). I go Line Direct from HD500 into back Line Input.

I currently own a PE and have owned DT25 before I hit hard times and had to sell it.

Quite simply the HD500 and DT25 combo blew me away.

The PE is not bad but honestly your comparing solid state against a tube driven amp - IMHO there is no comparison. I guess some one might argue that HD500 direct to  FRFR is getting close blah blah but nope sorry still don't buy it. On the other hand I have spent a lot of time over the last few years going direct to the PA so clearly even to me not having a real amp and getting a reasonable sound is possible.

There was however one thing about the DT25 I did not like - no corner protectors an obvious omission for any gigging amp.

I agree with jstock,
I think the DT models are excellent even without the POD HD500. But what a match.

They are a bit expensive I agree, and for the same and even less dollars you can get one of the
valve amps being modelled in the 500. Just make sure it has an FX loop ideally.

I bought a Peavy Valve King Royal 8 recently for $AU120 and connected a jack and powered a 12' celestion single cab I got rather than the lollipope inbuilt 8". Always wanted a small 5 watt studio valve amp.

Now I get that nice valve sustain just not quite there on the HD on its own. I am micing it for recording and it gets loud. This has me hankering for a better valve amp for giging.

One thing the PODs are good for is promoting the valve tone. That is a testament of how good the modelling really is!