Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Alto TS210 idea

TLF2007

I use 2 TS210 with good results. Especially as a reference point for how the helix will sound in the PA. I thought about opening up and putting a switch between one of the leads for the compression drivers to try and more emulate a guitar amp speaker setup. This is more or less just for home use and testing. I want to make some patches/global EQ template that more emulates an amp that doesn’t have these compression drivers- if possible. I feel that regardless of where I try to shut this off by hard hz EQ, there is still some bleed. I only think this because when I throw a blanket over that part of the speaker, it sounds vastly more similar to a regular guitar cab especially at higher volumes...thoughts? 

All one needs for the  "amp in the room" sound is an amp and a room...;)

If you know what your doing, go ahead and hack away... but if not, performing surgery on a device in an attempt to turn it into something other than what it is, may not end well. Even if you don't destroy it, it still won't be a guitar amp, and there's no guarantee it'll produce the results you're looking for...but a guitar amp will do what you want, and is certainly the path of least resistance... just my 2 cents. 

I think you’ll have better luck with Helix cab models and IRs. The woofer in a PA speaker isn’t a guitar speaker. Its designed to provide a fuller range in the low end so that with he horn you get closer to a full frequency flat response. There’s a lot of physical magic in good guitar speakers that aren’t necessarily the result of high quality components, full range components.