Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question regarding HX and expression pedals

howdy-doo

Hi everyone, hope it's OK to ask as I've seen a few posts on the subject but wanted to ask about 2 specific pedals.

I'm thinking of picking up the mission pedal for doing wah, and the Ernie ball VP Jr for volume. I do already have a Dunlop mini wah, is anyone able to say whether the wah sounds are up to scratch (if it's anything like the quality of the other effects it should be fine!) as if not i can just keep the mini wah but ideally I want to get the most out of the HX as possible.

Thanks for all your help and sorry again if it's a frequently asked question

That should certainly work. One thing I always think is that if you're always going to be using one expression pedal for volume, you might as well just use an actual volume pedal run your audio through it. That will free up one block in the HX, and it gives you an extra expression pedal for other things. In that case, you might want to look at the Ernie Ball MVP, which has the same footprint as the Jr., but has a nice buffered input.