Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix 4cm with Orange Dark Terror?

tsig

Anyone here have any experiencing using the Helix with the Orange Dark Terror, or any other heads in the Terror series? I'd like to be able to use the Helix and 4 cable method to create a clean channel on the Dark Terror. If anyone has tried this, I'd like to know how your experience went.

Hi Tsig. I have an Orange. Tiny Terror which is probably very similar to the Dark Terror amp. Unfortunately, the 4cm requires an effects send/return loop on the amp, which my Tiny Terror doesn’t have.  I would expect the same is the case with the Dark Terror as well. 

The Dark Terror has an FX loop.  Yes, you can use a clean preamp in the Helix and bypass the preamp in the Dark Terror.

I did the same thing with the 5153 50 watt.

You will have an FX loop that sends to the input of the amp and the FX send from the amp into the return of the Helix.  When you are using the preamp in the Helix, just turn off the FX loop in the Helix and vice versa.

Look at the set list made for templates and use the one for 4CM.