Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT factory presets missing?

roccolapenta

Hi,  I am new to Helix LT but not to Line 6 products. I bought a used LT but I can not find the factory presets. The guy I bought it from did a reset on it before he shipped it to me. He says they were there before he reset but didn't check after. I tried what he said to do but I can't find them. I have poked around enough to make my own preset or two but I still haven't found the factory presets. Can anyone help me on that? Also can anyone tell me how to assign the foot pedal to be a volume pedal. Thanks in advance, Rocco

8 hours ago, roccolapenta said:

Hi,  I am new to Helix LT but not to Line 6 products. I bought a used LT but I can not find the factory presets. The guy I bought it from did a reset on it before he shipped it to me. He says they were there before he reset but didn't check after. I tried what he said to do but I can't find them. I have poked around enough to make my own preset or two but I still haven't found the factory presets. Can anyone help me on that? Also can anyone tell me how to assign the foot pedal to be a volume pedal. Thanks in advance, Rocco

Hi roccolapenta,

Try using the reset options listed here:

https://helixhelp.com/reset-options/

If none of these work, you could simply re-flash the memory in your LT. Although you don’t say what version of the firmware is installed, simply just update to v2.60 regardless and that will do the trick.

As for the volume pedal, that is assigned to EXP2 by default and EXP1 is a wah pedal (or pitch whammy). When the red LED is lit, the pedal functions as a wah press down on the hidden Toe Switch and the green LED shows the pedal is now working as a volume pedal. Of course, you do need to have a volume block, or wah wah model (or pitch whammy) assigned to the pedal.

Because you bought your Helix LT as a pre-owned unit I don’t know what was in the package you acquired, but if there was an owner’s manual, it would be good to familiarise yourself with it. If not, you can find the latest version here:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3e07b158e5548ea50d4/application/pdf/Helix LT Owner's Manual - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.