Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jam SD cards

humberhawk2

Just a quickie... the Spider Jam manual states that using an SD card "up to 2GB capacity" is the preferred SD card. That might have been written some years ago in an era when 2GB was top-of-the-range. Technology moves on and nowadays I have only 8GB cards and it looks as though 2GB cards are invisible in the shops. Has anyone used 8GB cards? Or is that truly a risk and I definitely need to go online and get a 2GB (or smaller) SD card?

• Like 1

Confession: before spotting the bit about using 2GB SD cards,  I'd used one of my 8GB cards to update the firmware from 2.07 to 2.09... but it made a slightly alarming electric 'pop' at the end. However, the update did happen and the amp still seems to work. But with a number of tones and backing tracks to be transferred to the amp from my iMac I'd rather play safe, and so today have ordered a couple of 2GB cards. It's definitely impossible here in the UK to walk into a likely shop and hope to find a 2GB card. Even the 8GB ones I have already are no longer stocked - 16GB is the smallest I could see.

Edited by humberhawk2
Syntax

Many thanks everyone; that's worked fine. I've got myself a couple of 2GB SD cards from eBay (and then found I had one anyway in a jumble of stuff at the back of my computer desk) and have formatted one as required and transferred stuff to the Spider Jam.

• 1 month later...

Olá, amigos!

I think that 4 GB SD Cards also works well in it, doesn´t it?

If not, I suggest here and now, we create a 2 GB SD Card bank, to supply all the nice people, Spider Jam Fans spreaded all around the world. Because one of my passions in life is my Spider Jam amp. The unique and inimitable Spider Jam! Long Live Rock´n´Roll!

Hugzzzz.