Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting booted out after refreshing page: require persistent re-login

willjrock

Just me or any one else?

The other thing too is that often after this has happened,  when clicking the "sign in" link, the page just stays idle and does not redirect to the necessary location.

Also a somewhat frustrating and unrelated gripe is that the bar at the top most often doesnt show a direct link back to the helix forum but only the "multi effects" forum. See attachment.

zxe.PNG

Yep, it’s been going on for months. For a while I thought it was the fault of the “go to topic listing” link in the lower left, but it will also sometimes kick me out if I return to the Helix sub-forum via other paths and sometimes when I refresh. Once signed out, i can usually sign back in by clicking the “sign in” link; however, it often takes more than one click. I’ve done it up to nine times in a row before it responds. Thus defying the classic definition of insanity!

• Like 1

I never had any trouble with the old forum SW. I forget what reason they gave for switching, but I gotta wonder....there's dozens of brands of forum SW out there, how did L6 wind up with the absolute WORST forum SW I've ever seen? I'd insert a banging-my-head-on-the-wall emoji here, but......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, willjrock said:

Just me or any one else?

The other thing too is that often after this has happened,  when clicking the "sign in" link, the page just stays idle and does not redirect to the necessary location.

Also a somewhat frustrating and unrelated gripe is that the bar at the top most often doesnt show a direct link back to the helix forum but only the "multi effects" forum. See attachment.

zxe.PNG

This thing has been driving me nuts ever since the new version of the forum became active.

Somebody suggested raising a ticket about this.

I did exactly that on August 14 and I have just checked and it was flagged as “auto closed” on Aug 29.

I have updated the ticket to see if anything further happens.

I guess that a another company (Invision Community?) is in responsible for the website and forum stuff.

Line 6 are probably busy with Helix stuff (to keep us happy) and neither know, nor care about this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I never had any trouble with the old forum SW. I forget what reason they gave for switching, but I gotta wonder....there's dozens of brands of forum SW out there, how did L6 wind up with the absolute WORST forum SW I've ever seen? I'd insert a banging-my-head-on-the-wall emoji here, but......

I believe the reason they switched was the old one wasn't being offered anymore. So they had to switch to something. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the problem. I'm guessing even they get logged off for no reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, willjrock said:

Just me or any one else?

zxe.PNG

Just like everyone else mentioned above, this problem has been going on for quite some time and is most annoying. There were problems before they switched to the new forum as well, just not as severe.

Don't know about the direct link back; deeper levels show up for me on firefox.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, specracer986 said:

Usually when this happens, someone will suggest you burn all your cash. I don't know how that's supposed to help, but you might try it. ;)

That won't work. In this case, the only solution is to fire the drummer....

• Like 1

Mucho informo yo. 

21 hours ago, duncann said:

deeper levels show up for me on firefox.

Sometimes they are there for me, but most often they are not.  Using chrome

22 hours ago, datacommando said:

guess that a another company (Invision Community?)

I liked the look of the last one. This one has some cool features too, but the look isnt anything.  Taking the best from both would nice, but that aint happenin.

After reopening the “auto closed” support ticket, I asked this a couple of days back:

“Any progress with this issue? A new thread about this has started in the Helix forum. Please advise.”

Latest response from Tech Support:

Hello datacommando.

Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:
Hi,
Not yet, but i will escalate this again so this can be checked
Best regards,
Technical Support

I just checked the ticket status and it says “assumed answered”

Oh! Really? Escalated? Right!

• Like 1

There is always the possibility that Line 6 might, at some point, opt to use the XenForo Forum Software which is what powers TheGearPage Forums. XenForo is well supported by a variety of customized Third Party software enhancements. TGP is a magnificent implementation and serves Helix Owners quite well.