Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Factory reset and disappearing patch.

Cpn_Crunch

Hey all,
I tried resetting the HD500X to Factory presets, unplugged, hold down the DPad left, then plugged the unit back in while maintaining the button pressed, tried all 4 positions but no dice, it doesn't reset. Is this the correct method for restoring it to factory settings?

Why I had to do this is odd, I was working with a bass patch, not editing, just playing my bass through the POD under Bass/ACO/VOC (Peggy Bass) was the name of the patch, I started the unit up the next day, the Peggy bass patch was gone and a patch from User 1 was in it's place...any idea what that's all about?

Regards,
Chris

What you did is a Global Reset that only resets the Global Vars, not any of the patches. It can be helpful for some issues....Factory Reset can only be done by flashing the firmware and selecting the option to reset the patches. Never seen a patch spontaneously change in 8 years I have had mine...However, I have been on a different setlist than I thought I was on a few times and had a near heat attack...

Was Edit involved in this "working with a  bass patch"?...Edit synch can be a little strange at times...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply spaceatl,
The only thing I was doing was double clicking between different bass patches testing out how they sounded, I never switched the set list and the patch that ended up there was one of my own, I made that patch months ago...

Can you flash over an existing version or will it deny re flashing with the same version number?

no problem...that is a strange one. You can actually go backwards on firmware versions if you like. All the will happen is that Monkey will tell you that it is old. However, if you ever did do a rollback, you would need to be sure to get the version of Edit that goes with it. There have been some updates in the past where newer Edit was required. Not sure if the current one would work with the old stuff.