Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 Really Separate Signals

evh5150combo

Hi everybody, i have a pod hd500 connected to peavey 5150 using 4 cm and I'm really satisfied. I'm also using 5150 with a thd hotplate. Now  I would like to build a wet/dry setup, usign the line out from the thd hotplate and feeding the path B of the pod, while in the path A i still use the FX loop setup. But every time I connect the Line Out to the Aux input of the pod , I get a tremendous feedback. Is it possible to have 2 really independent signal paths?? 

Thank you. I found the solution. It was a problem of ground. When you use the line out of a THD Hotplate you have to use a guitar cable with no ground.

Now I've got another problem:I've noticed that when I put the fx loop signal in channel A, I have a significant increase in Gain. My mixer is channel A panned Left, and channel B panned right, mixer levels at 0. Have you noticed the same problem??