Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

not sure worth the effort...HD500X Edit app not connecting

jeffkemp5280

Not sure worth the effort...HD500X Edit app not connecting after several tries.

Just bought a new HD500X. Have spent 3 hours now trying to install 3 separate software programs, update drivers, update firmware, update flash, connect software. What a hassle! Have needed to update drivers, update firmware, update flash 3 times now to try to get Edit software to connect. Still not working. Every time I try I lose my driver and flash settings and have to start all over. Considering returning the whole thing to Guitar Center.

I haven't even tried plugging in my guitar yet... Not sure I'll ever get that far.

I can see another hour wasted on a tech support coming in my future.

Install L6 MONKEY then update (from Monkey) the items it tells you to update. It should be as easy as that. 

If it still isn't working you need to try a different USB port. There are usually 4 USB plug ins per PORT.... a different plug isn't always the answer. This is NOT a problem related to L6... USB is a shared resource on a computer and the more complicated the device, the more "dedicated" it needs those resources to be. 

My above comments were all using MONKEY. And tried 2 USB ports (Mac) after reading support articles. Also had to look up other support articles to find special system settings. That worked once or twice for drivers, but NOTHING would work to get 'Pod HD500X Edit' to recognize the attached HD500X that Monkey knew was there.