Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pod Hd Pro X Owner - Questions On Selling My Pod Pro Xt

I just took delivery of a new POD Pro HD Pro X and soon - it will be time to take my Pod Pro XT to the classifieds...so some questions:

1. Model Packs - what exactly happens to my model packs that are associated with my XT (and my Line 6 acct)? Do they disappear? Can I transfer them to the new owner?

2. The Pod on my acct - I am assuming that I would drop that serial from my acct at the time of a sale and then the new owner could register it?

3. Anything special I need to know about getting the POD HD Pro X into my acct?

Appreciate any advice from the field...

Cheers,

VP

1. If you don't want to keep the licenses for the model packs, you can gift them with the Pro XT. It requires the person buying it to have an account set up with Line 6 though.

It's described here: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/general-faq/model-packs-licenses-faq-r490

2. This is correct. You can remove the serial number from your account, and the new owner should be able to register it. They would have to have access to the model packs, I believe.

3. Not really. When you get it and hook it up to your computer, Line 6 Monkey will ask you if want to register it. It's pretty painless.

if you have and use pod farm, i'd keep the model packs...

honestly, they don't impress many people when looking at the units used.... 

just saying, if they might possibly be useful to you, i'd keep them, and sell the unit with just the standard models.

if you have and use pod farm, i'd keep the model packs...

honestly, they don't impress many people when looking at the units used.... 

just saying, if they might possibly be useful to you, i'd keep them, and sell the unit with just the standard models.

Hmm..I remember using (purchasing?) a very early Pod Farm plug but I think it came with some Gear Box sale/offer. I do not believe I ever had the full blown "real" Pod Farm plugin. I do not see any reference to it in my sales history - so I am thinking it's a lost cause.

Might just leave the Pod Pro loaded up and sell it like that.

Cheers!

VP

if it was a gearbox plugin, that automatically got a free upgrade to pod farm (version 1)

of course that won't really do you any good... since it requires line6 hardware to use...

Hmm..I remember using (purchasing?) a very early Pod Farm plug but I think it came with some Gear Box sale/offer. I do not believe I ever had the full blown "real" Pod Farm plugin. I do not see any reference to it in my sales history - so I am thinking it's a lost cause.

Might just leave the Pod Pro loaded up and sell it like that.

Cheers!

VP

if it was a gearbox plugin, that automatically got a free upgrade to pod farm (version 1)

of course that won't really do you any good... since it requires line6 hardware to use...

Yep - I think that what it was...free upgrade to v1...and yes - I had to have the POD inline for any usage.

Cheers!

VP