Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lack Of Bottom End

I posted this once before but the post is long gone, can't find it anywhere in the support community forums. I've had much more time to experiment with sounds after being away for quite a while so I am posting this again.

I have a PODxt Pro and  a POD 2.0.

The POD 2.0 wins hands down in overall sound, especially the bottom end.

The PODxt Pro sounds so "thin" which makes no sense because it is the so-called better model of the two. I've tried reinstalling the firmware, tried all sorts of stuff -- all to no avail.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any fixes, recommendations?

At least with the "newer" version of the PodXT you have an equalizer.  You could dial in more bass.  Now that I think about it, you have the Bass knob also.  Maybe that would help.  Though if you are doing multi-track recording or playing live, a person could argue the electric bass should handle the "lower end".

Bass is totally cranked, it makes no difference. Still a very awful "thin" sounding tone compared to the Pod 2.0. Anyone else with a PODxt Pro that has this same "thin" sound? I'm wondering if I might get a beefier sound using the XLR outs on the back instead of the 1/4" outs? Don't quite understand the whole CAB/AIR thing but I doubt this would make much difference anyway.

• 2 years later...

I'm revisiting this topic after last posting in 2018. I haven't used my PODXt Pro a lot and just dug it out hoping for some better results. No luck. Does anyone know if the XLR outs are a better choice than the 1/4" line outs? I also have a Digitech GSP-2101 and it does cabinet simulation when using the XLR outs (sounds fuller). I wondered if the PODXt Pro may do the same thing, it's not noted in the manual, though. This thing sounds so thin compared to the Pod 2.0. And yes, I have the bottom end cranked. Just doesn't make sense...