Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any idea what we can expect in the next update? 2.65 or 2.70?

willjrock

13 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

Don`t get your hopes too high, dear forum people... DI has already stated on the TGP forum that 2.70 is just important from a software developing point of view... and that it`ll only bring two controvesial additions which aren´t even amps or effects... We`re gonna have to wait patientally until 2.80 comes maybe in November or December... He promessed himself new amps and fx models. According to what he said, this new software recoding will extend the life of Helix and even take it to a next level of processing which was unthinkable when it was released back in 2015. So... better grab a chair, sit down and wait...

He`s the man, though.

Oh now it's getting juicy..."controversial" additions, the laying of software groundwork for future "unthinkableness"...

Any more things to guess blindly about, and I might never sleep again. ;)

There are a few classic amps that are missing from the Helix -- I'd like to see a blackface Princeton Reverb, a Tweed High Power Twin, Marshall Jubilee, Bogner Ecstacy, and EVH 5150 III. 

I'd also like to see some new stomp boxes:  Boss Dimension C, JHS Angry Charlie, Suhr Riot.  

Being able to store Power Cab settings in a preset would be super cool, so for example if I switch from a Mesa Lonestar model to a Plexi then the Powercab would change from a V30 to a Greenie. 

I get excited when i hear about a new firmware release. I can only guess based on what Line 6 have said recently, i.e.: the ability to access two Helix units in one HX Edit. I don't really want to say what I'm hoping for, because I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment.

I saw someone posted this.  I hope it's real.  The Line 6 folks talked A LOT about hx core so that changes were easy to move between HW platforms.  So, I hope it comes over to the rest of the Helix hardware soon :) 

I have no actual insight into any of this.

I expect from the next update:

-All the cabs redone

-All the amps redone, with +60 more amplifiers, including every single channel from every one of those and the ones exisiting

-All the pedals redone, with extra tone on the 808 because I SAY SO

-Graphic UI for every amp and it's back panel too

-Graphic UI for every pedal

-Graphic UI for every cab, including mic models, room and mic positioning

-The ability to mess with the amps' internals, changing tubes, etc.

-An IR mixer which allows me to load more than 2 IRs per path

-Input Gain control

-Better and prettier HX Edit

-Some way that will allow me to change tones on the go after recording the DI like I could do with VST plugins, without having re-record every change or having to "fake re-amp" double tracked guitars by using different ins/outs through the 2 paths and panning them.

-A master volume option for every preset, which would be useful for doing the above. (The volume knob doesn't count as preset master volume)

-A user manual that explains each of the amps, cabs, and effects EXTENSIVELY.

I may be forgetting some stuff..

I believe, I saw a video a week or two ago on youtube (possibly the EVH gear channel,) with a mention regarding upcoming work on Polyphonic pitch.  I really really really hope to see this in the next update.  Some cooler organ/keys/bass pitch shift stuff would be sublime, especially for my live solo act (my hog and its control ped with exp ped takes up too much real estate, considering I use it for 15-30 min out of a 3hr set.)

11 hours ago, vstrattomusic said:

I expect from the next update:

-All the cabs redone

-All the amps redone, with +60 more amplifiers, including every single channel from every one of those and the ones exisiting

-All the pedals redone, with extra tone on the 808 because I SAY SO

-Graphic UI for every amp and it's back panel too

-Graphic UI for every pedal

-Graphic UI for every cab, including mic models, room and mic positioning

-The ability to mess with the amps' internals, changing tubes, etc.

-An IR mixer which allows me to load more than 2 IRs per path

-Input Gain control

-Better and prettier HX Edit

-Some way that will allow me to change tones on the go after recording the DI like I could do with VST plugins, without having re-record every change or having to "fake re-amp" double tracked guitars by using different ins/outs through the 2 paths and panning them.

-A master volume option for every preset, which would be useful for doing the above. (The volume knob doesn't count as preset master volume)

-A user manual that explains each of the amps, cabs, and effects EXTENSIVELY.

I may be forgetting some stuff..

Lol...well that is quite the list. Given it's extensiveness, if I were you I'd prepare for what will very likely be an epic, personality-shattering disappointment. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Lol...well that is quite the list. Given it's extensiveness, if I were you I'd prepare for what will very likely be an epic, personality-shattering disappointment. ;)

Hahaha... He`s more of a dreamer than Ozzy Osbourne himself... Only two controversial additions (one is the strobe tuner already featured in the HX Stomp)... No new amp models and no effects... The dullest firmware update in Helix`s history... But really important for the future development of the whole unit. We`re just gonna have to sit and wait for a long time... On the other hand, DI has already stated that the Helix team has been testing new amps and effects to get the seal of approval from expert musicians and audiophiles... So there`s a lot more to come... just not right now.

i'd like to see momentary midi added in the control centre section.  On ideascale it's in the "in progress" phase so I'm hopeful.  It's a pretty simple fix too, they just have to make it so that you can assign a value to both press and release.   They could even leave it fixed at 127 for press and 0 for release and accomplish the same thing.  So even though it's probably not high on everyone's list of priorities, it's not like something big isn't getting added because they put time and resources into this. 

On 9/24/2018 at 6:40 AM, shanecgriffo said:

some sort of tape saturation emulation so you can recreate some 50's-70's recorded tones 

Indeed!  A tape saturation effect is something I’ve hoped for for a long time now. 

The new Strobe Tuner feature should be glorious on Helix Floor's large display! Even if that were to be the only meaningful new feature in the forthcoming fw update (and DI has already indicated there is more), I will be delighted.

The team at Line 6 has abundant new features and content for subsequent fw releases. When fw version 3.0 debuts (sometime in 2019) I'm confident it will bring significant new feature additions and improvements. 

On 10/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, duncann said:

The last thing that was supposed to be controversial was adding all those legacy effects.

Ya know I think your right... A new "strobe" tuner would be an excellent choice I think. I luv the one in my KPA! 

The HX Stomp FAQ on Line 6’s official site states “Just update both HX Stomp’s firmware and HX Edit to 2.70.  Both should be available very soon.”  The last update to the FAQ was a week back so presumably that’s now very, very soon.

It seems unlikely that HX Edit would update without the rest of the family having corresponding firmware updates.  I presume qualification is taking a little longer as they align their technology to make it easier to update and qualify the Helix, Helix LX, HX Effects, and HX Stomp all at once going forward.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, JGD5150 said:

There are a few classic amps that are missing from the Helix -- I'd like to see a blackface Princeton Reverb, a Tweed High Power Twin, Marshall Jubilee, Bogner Ecstacy, and EVH 5150 III. 

I'd also like to see some new stomp boxes:  Boss Dimension C, JHS Angry Charlie, Suhr Riot.  

Being able to store Power Cab settings in a preset would be super cool, so for example if I switch from a Mesa Lonestar model to a Plexi then the Powercab would change from a V30 to a Greenie. 

+1 on the Marshall Jubilee!  Until then:

Mini Jubilee.jpeg

On 10/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, specracer986 said:

I'm cool with whatever they give us. It's a great product and I like riding along as they try to make it even better. Fun stuff.

Right on, me to!! But for heavens sake fix the tuner!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Kingkid said:

Right on, me to!! But for heavens sake fix the tuner!!!!!!!!

Theres not really a lot to "fix" with the tuner. It tunes my guitars just fine, so im not really sure what you are referring to. Would something better be nice? Sure, but blurting out demands probably wont inspire much of a change.

Now i know some have mentioned that setting your input block to "guitar" instead of "multi" seems to have an effect on the tuner, but to be honest i dont think ive tried it because like i said, helix gets me as close as most other tuners do, without much hassle.