Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What hardware is Pod Farm 2.5 equivalent to?

kylotan

I have a Pod XT Live and Helix Native, and in trying to recreate some of my old Pod XTL sounds, I'm finding that the 'legacy' effects in Native are from the Pod HD range rather than the XT range, sounding distinctly different in some cases. So, which hardware is Pod Farm equivalent to? I'm considering buying it if it can give me a Pod XT 'in the box'.

If you purchase PF 2 (Platinum would be fully loaded with all models) you will have your xt tones and beyond as a VST (same sound engine, signal chain more flexible).

Alternatively you could get a POD Studio UX2 which comes with a hardware enabled license, but then you need the UX2 as a dongle. 

Did you purchase any model packs for you xtLive?

5 hours ago, kylotan said:

I think my XT Live came with the Power Pack and FX Junkie packs built in

I’m assuming you don’t want to use you xtLive as a dongle? The reason I ask is you could purchase PF standard and the xtLive would authorize PP and FX Junkie. (You will have the Metal Shop authorized even without the xtLive). If you do purchase PF I would recommend getting the hardware independent version, (not the i-Lok version).

No, the dongle approach isn't practical for me (and I don't trust the XT Live to last forever anyway - the main output is already broken so I can only use it with headphones). Looks like I will probably just have to work harder on recreating the tones in the Helix!