Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Thinking of getting one but, how limited is the edition?

djiaux

Hello fellas,

I have been recently watching many Shuriken videos and liking the idea of this guitar a lot, I have been considering getting one.

My problem is that I would not buy it now but in a year from now or so, I have no problem with waiting but I have readed that this guitar is a limited edition and now I'm fearing that they might sell out and I won't be able to get a new one.

Do you guys think this can be the case? I don't know how much can a signature guitar like this stay in the shelves, I have no idea for how long are the Variax models produced.

Should I consider buying it soon or hoping for the best? Has Line 6 or Stevik made any declarations in this regard?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Regards.

I don't think the Shuriken was ever marketed as a limited edition guitar. As to whether the guitar will still be in stores a year from now, I'm sure no one is going to make any promises as to that. I would expect it to be, but there's never any guarantees with this sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, djiaux said:

Hello fellas,

I have been recently watching many Shuriken videos and liking the idea of this guitar a lot, I have been considering getting one.

My problem is that I would not buy it now but in a year from now or so, I have no problem with waiting but I have readed that this guitar is a limited edition and now I'm fearing that they might sell out and I won't be able to get a new one.

Do you guys think this can be the case? I don't know how much can a signature guitar like this stay in the shelves, I have no idea for how long are the Variax models produced.

Should I consider buying it soon or hoping for the best? Has Line 6 or Stevik made any declarations in this regard?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Regards.

Variax is a niche product... and the Shuriken more so than the others, as it has clearly been designed to appeal only to certain "Djents"...;)

As a rule, Variaxes of any variety don't exactly fly off the shelves... in fact, it's hard to find a shelf that has one sitting on it. A significant portion of buyers have to resort to ordering online. I've had my JTV for about 5 years now, and I live within a 10 mile radius of 3 hulking "Megalomusic" chain stores in a major metropolitan area, and I'm still waiting to see even one Variax in stock anywhere. The average guitar player probably doesn't know that they exist... at least around here, lol.  

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it... the JTV's have been around considerably longer, and they're still cranking those out. I seriously doubt all the Shurikens are gonna vanish in a year.