Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound at all Spider V 120

kurtteej

I just submitted this to Line6, but thought that I'd reach out to the community.  I got my Spider V 120 less than a month ago.  2 days ago (the last day i played), everything was fine, no problems.  Today, I turn the amp on, I got no sound coming out.  Eventually, I unplugged EVERYTHING and plugged in everything that I had previously, swapped out everything (multiple guitars, multiple cables), plugged in and unplugged the pedal board, plugged in and unplugged my tablet.

I currently have nothing at all plugged in -- amp plugged into the wall (power comes on, i can change presets) and a guitar plugged straight into the amp.  I get no sound at all.  I unplug the guitar and touch the cable (still plugged into the amp) and I get nothing, no clicking noise like you usually get.

Anyone encounter this?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Ideas?  Bigger shoe than my 11 1/2 EEEE to kick the friggin thing?!?

Try a set of headphones.   Do you get anything?

Next unplug the headphones and see if the audio comes back.     The 1.05 firmware added phones/line changes that take place when the phones are detected.   Your amp might be in a state where it thinks the phones are plugged in.

You could try:

1. Plug-in jack 1/4 on your v 120.

2. Invoke firmware settings by holding “Home” button

3. Change “Phones Mode” option from Phones to Line.

This would result in the amp using the primary speaker for monitor purposes and send only line level out the phones jack.     You can then try the steps to reverse it back to phones use.

If it's less than a month you might also inquire with the shop on an exchange if you can't get this resolved quickly.

• 1 year later...

I hooked my guitar this evening up to my Line 6 Spider V 30 amp, and had no volume at all through the speaker.  First time that has happened.  Tried to plug in some headphones - still no sound, except with the amp's built in drum loops.  I was concerned my amp was kaput.  Then I checked the volume knobs on my guitar and realized they were both turned down to zero or close thereto.  The knobs were probably turned down when I put my guitar into its soft side, tight fitting case (or when I pulled the guitar out of the case to play it).  Regardless, it wasn't the amp.  If you have this challenge, check the volume knobs on your guitar as one of your steps.  Hope someone finds this info. helpful.

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 9:03 PM, SeaRefractor said:

Try a set of headphones.   Do you get anything?

Next unplug the headphones and see if the audio comes back.     The 1.05 firmware added phones/line changes that take place when the phones are detected.   Your amp might be in a state where it thinks the phones are plugged in.

You could try:

This would result in the amp using the primary speaker for monitor purposes and send only line level out the phones jack.     You can then try the steps to reverse it back to phones use.

If it's less than a month you might also inquire with the shop on an exchange if you can't get this resolved quickly.

I had this same issue with a V240HC with a broken plug inside the Input jack.  I guess the computer got confused on the state of the plug and it was stuck in "Phones" mode.  

This fixed the problem.  

Thanks for the help and saving a call to support

• 3 months later...

I'm having a problem wit my 240 hc with no sound either through the built in speakers or connected to a cab , also the foot board isn't turning on , I was going to down load some new tones and did a factory reset , I didn't check to see if it was working before the reset.