Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Models not updated in Revision D - multiple conflicts

DannyMcO

Here's a copy of a patch I was editing which shows the available modulation models I can choose from.

I went to look up "Bleat Chop Trem" to see what it was in the Helix Rev D/most recent manual from the Helix downloads page and discovered there was no record of the effect.

I further discovered there are several Modulation effects on the Helix not referenced in Rev D, and there are several effects in Rev D not visible/available on the Helix.

image.png.f35d2c165ed0819a481c61395b2e1bc4.png

In other words, they're both wrong.

Does a truly updated manual exist that takes into account all the added models, impulses and features Line 6 has added via firmware updates to Helix?

There have been several updates released since the last manual revision. Line 6 generally only releases new manuals for major updates, so the next one will be with 3.0. You can see what’s been added by looking at the firmware release notes by using the Downloads tab here (just put Helix in the first pulldown menu and flash memory in the middle one). The Bleat Chop Trem model was part of the 2.30 firmware update, fwiw.

As far as the ones you’re seeing in the manual and not in that menu, not all the modulation effects are available in mono. All of them will show up in the Stereo submenu.

Hi

Don't know if this helps you, but I made a cheat sheet to have at hand - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6pvbv1l0t0b5cf/Line6 Helix-Model Summary%2C 2%2C60-P1.0-01.pdf?dl=0 If you like quick info it's handy. If you  like it in on-line format there is some sites online. I included this one - http://www.helixhelp.com/with great info and very useful.

I also included another address in the document (could not include it in the post by some reason...) to a forum post with massive info about all models. One on the info sources I used for my document above. I actually think this is the original info that is used on the helixhelp-site. Anyway, really a great job on both places.

Enjoy. //Per

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:40 PM, phil_m said:

As far as the ones you’re seeing in the manual and not in that menu, not all the modulation effects are available in mono. All of them will show up in the Stereo submenu.

Thank you - thought I was losing my mind.

Take a glance at the HX FX User Manual. The HX FX was released this pas Spring. Although the HX FX unit lacks the Amps, PreAmps and Cab sections as well as several other features of the full Helix and Helix LT models, the HX FX User Manual may contain info on the more recent FX features added to the line since the July 2016 Helix User Manual Rev D.