Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[mac OS] My HX Effects is not a sound card

jvonghes

Hi,

I tried so hard to connect my HX effects as a sound card on my MAC.

My mac recognized my HX effects as a MIDI but not as a sound card.

There's no available drivers / Monkey 6 for HX effects (mac) on download section of the website.

How can I resolve that ?

Thanks for your help

Jonovan

Capture d’écran 2018-09-28 à 20.28.40.png

19 hours ago, amsdenj said:

And this seems like a key missing feature of HX Effects. All the physical connections are there, and possibly most of the internal hardware.

Although I have no problems with USB Audio being absent from the HX Effects... I do find the absence of a VDI port puzzling. The HX Effects is geared toward guitar players and their pedal boards, yet L6 excluded their own products/users in this regard. It seriously limits people looking at a Variax.... their only logical choice for "full functionality" is to pair it with a Helix. Having it on the HX Effects would have provided more options in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

If HX FX included a Variax port and if it was designed to be used as an audio interface, or even just one of those, it would add to the price, no doubt, and, btw, might cannibalize sales of LT. No, it's priced right for what it does.

If you MUST have either of those things, you REALLY need to jump to LT.

2 minutes ago, codamedia said:

I did say "full functionality" in my post :) 

Full VDI functionality would have added to the cost. Even only 100 or 150 more and you are WAY too close to the cost of LT, probably more than that, since you really probably need amp modeling at that point, and a full class compliant Audio/Midi interface. That would have really hurt HX FX sales.

Nope, you are right that there are limitations, as there always will be in every product.

If you need VDI integration, obviously you need to go up one in the line.

43 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

If you need VDI integration, obviously you need to go up one in the line.

I said the idea to exclude the VDI port "puzzled me".... that's it!

I'm not upset, I bought an HX Effects knowing what I bought.... I'm fine with that!