Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bypass one block using two different switches

LewisBrunton

My basic setup is to have a patch with 3 snapshots (clean / rythem / lead). I then switch individual pedals in an out of each snapshot using stomp mode. 

Ok here goes trying to describe the problem - I run two synth blocks on a separate path from everything else as I then run the output of that path to the PA, but I need to silence the path when I turn the either synth off as I don’t want my guitar sound going to the PA. 

My solution was to put a gain block at the end of the path and bypass it when I turn on a synth block, then turn it on with the gain dropped to nothing when I want to block the guitar sound - but I can’t work out whether it is possible to control the same gain block from two switches. 

E.g.

1 all synth sounds off, no guitar can be heard through pa as gain block is set to drop volume

2 turn on 1st synth sound, gain block is bypassed

turn on 2nd synth sound, gain block is bypassed

is what I am trying to do possible?

I'm not sure I quite understand where the issue is coming in....

1 - synths off (via snapshot controls), gain on (via snapshot controls)

2 - synth 1 on (via snapshot control, synth 2 remains off), gain off (via snapshot control)

3 - synth 2 on (via snapshot control, synth 1 remains off), gain off (via snapshot control)

You cannot control the same effect block using two control, that I've found so far.  I do the same thing where I need I need multiple instances of an effect on/off, but I end up just duplicating the block (copy/paste) and assigning each version of the block to a different bypass controller. 

Not sure if this works without trying it but ...  Put Helix into Global Stomp/Snapshot mode.  Put your Synth in your chain where desired but don't include the synth in any snapshot.  Then assign the synth to a stomp switch that you can turn on and off while in any snapshot (I think).  Only problems with this would be that you have to remember to turn synth back off when switching to another snapshots (unless you want it to stay on) and also you would have to assign a different synth to a different stomp switch for every difference in synth setting you want to use.  (I think)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, LewisBrunton said:

1 all synth sounds off, no guitar can be heard through pa as gain block is set to drop volume

2 turn on 1st synth sound, gain block is bypassed

turn on 2nd synth sound, gain block is bypassed

I assume this can be done with the floor unit- it can be with the LT:

1. Save the preset in this state

2. Assign synth block to one fs; gain block bypass assigned to the same fs

3. copy both blocks above, assign to a different fs but with different settings (synth 2)

I do this where I have, say a drive turning on / a mod effect turning off with the same fs. It can be a little daunting but extremely effective in doing what you want to do. Hope this helps...