Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I am almost done with the Firehawk FX! :-(

dudluu

I know the Firehawk is not the most expensive unit to buy, but even 400$ is too much for a unit that is causing so much trouble.
Sounds: Great
Design: Super

BUT:

1: When I turn on my Firehawk FX it takes 20 minutes to boot (in words: twenty!). It just stays black, backlight of display is lit. I let it bake for 20 min and then eventually it boots. Firmware: 1.30 (newest).

2: App on iPad: It is constantly (every 5 minutes) resyncing, downloading the patches from the unit again and again and I can start all over again programming my patch. Or it looses the Bluetooth connection (and I have my iPad on my desk, next to the Firehawk! Distance: 10cm!) Ok, so I thought: Forget the iPad, lets do it on my Samsung S8.

3. Samsung S8: Every 5 minutes: "Token expired, need to log in again". Really?? Then: How on earth can I save my edited patch to the Firehawk? After 1 hour of trying I could not figure it out. The little "save to disk" icon at the top right only shows me a context menu that lets me either share the sound to the community or load it to "my tones". I want it on my unit! Not anywhere else!

Really sad. When it runs, it sounds nice, but like this I can not do my job professionally. Am I done with Line6?

• 1 month later...

Try hooking it up to a laptop by USB (The Laptop must be powered on). Mine has the Flashing "A" button freeze on Firmware screen issue. I leave my laptop hooked up to it. If I don't turn on the laptop it won't go past the firmware screen, but if I simply hit the power button on the laptop and 2 seconds later power the Firehawk on, it boots immediately. I don't have to wait for the Operating System to go active or log in on my laptop.  

I think the problems with the unit are likely some sort of glitch that occured on update. Many times updates have unintended consequences software wise and cause problems that are very hard to correct. These issues don't check the boxes for a hardware problem.

This may not work for you in your situation, but it is repeatable for the Flashing "A" issue mine has. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m a new fbfx owner (about 4 months) and have started having issues with getting the Firehawk to sync with my iPad or with storing a new or modified tone in the library and subsequently in a location on the pedalboard.  I have had some success with making sure I turn off notifications and restarting the iPad to clear out garbage from using other apps.  It’s still way too early to declare success in my mind.

Has as anyone else had these types of issues? Have you got a sure fire solution ?   

41 minutes ago, MacDoggie said:

I’m a new fbfx owner (about 4 months) and have started having issues with getting the Firehawk to sync with my iPad or with storing a new or modified tone in the library and subsequently in a location on the pedalboard.  I have had some success with making sure I turn off notifications and restarting the iPad to clear out garbage from using other apps.  It’s still way too early to declare success in my mind.

Has as anyone else had these types of issues? Have you got a sure fire solution ?   

It's not saving? 

I haven't had any issues with that, other than it was sometimes confusing at first because you can save in three different spots (the app, the cloud, or the Firehawk itself).

I basically stuck to saving in only the app and the Firehawk. Presets I REALLY like get saved to the Firehawk. Presets I'm still fiddling with, or core tones I often start from and tweak for other sounds, get saved on the app.

I have only saved tones for myself either on the iPad or Firehawk.  When I was having problems, the app will not save to either location.  When saving to the Firehawk, I get a message the device is busy, try again later.  But later doesn’t get there, or it exceeds a very impatient 5-10 minutes.  As I mentioned, I’m still trying to identify a reliable method to avoid issues.  I try to setup my pedal with the set list so there’s no issue or delay during practice or performance.  If “it” happens, I just try to roll with what it will provide, for now at least.

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve found making sure I log out of both the line 6 website and the app, restarting the iPad (to clean up memory from hours/days of use), and turning off notifications (on iPad Do Not Disturb) has helped a tremendous amount.  Things are much smoother and more reliable.  It still has an occasional issue, but more often than not I’m able to work at my own pace.  Not sure if it’s training me or what, but I just want to play guitar!  

Hopefully I’m not jinxing things sharing this, we’ll just have to see...