Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stillet

Hi all! Just wonder why Line6 didn't allow us to make record using mobile app. If we connected our phone/tablet to the amp why do not use USB recording? Personally, I do not need full-option DAW but I would like to record my play. Moreover, I would like to use my mobile/tablet as a source of drum loops or backing track through mobile app.

Any chance we could get these options in the future?

Works great on my Galaxy S9 and older Galaxy Tab S3 tablet with Oreo using "Audio Evolution Mobile Studio" from eXtream Software Development.

It's not the version of Android that is so important as it is that you use an device that supports full USB Host mode.   Some vendors didn't implement that mode.    In addition, you'll need an OTG adapter, I used the one that came with my Samsung gear.

16 minutes ago, SeaRefractor said:

Works great on my Galaxy S9 and older Galaxy Tab S3 tablet with Oreo using "Audio Evolution Mobile Studio" from eXtream Software Development.

I tried this app on S7 edge and S2 tablet with no result. It seems strange because I can connect with Spider via Spider app but failed with the recording. Anyway, it would be great to have record and playback features included in Spider app. Thanks for your answer and advice.

Stillet,

Interesting that you can interact with the Spider Remote but are unable to record.   Just a note, unfortunately you cannot record and use the Spider Remote to edit/control your effects at the same time.   Be sure to "close" the Spider Remote application or it'll control the USB host interface which will interfere with the recording ability.

Also, are the Samsung products still running their "stock" OS?   Some third party rooted ROM's may not implement USB correctly where as the stock OS should be working fine for recording with the S7 edge (had that prior to my S9 upgrade).

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 1:29 AM, SeaRefractor said:

Stillet,

Interesting that you can interact with the Spider Remote but are unable to record.   Just a note, unfortunately you cannot record and use the Spider Remote to edit/control your effects at the same time.   Be sure to "close" the Spider Remote application or it'll control the USB host interface which will interfere with the recording ability.

Also, are the Samsung products still running their "stock" OS?   Some third party rooted ROM's may not implement USB correctly where as the stock OS should be working fine for recording with the S7 edge (had that prior to my S9 upgrade).

Finally got it sorted out - replaced S7 for S9. Everything works just fine)).