Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Snapshot Display Question

leond60

I'm trying to set up a very simple snapshot as a trial but I'm running into problems. I have a preset with two blocks, one distortion and one chorus.  

With snapshot 1 I'd like to have the distortion on and controlled by foot switch 5 and the chorus off and not displayed on the board.  
With snapshot 2 I'd like to have the chorus on and controlled by foot switch 5 and the distortion off and not displayed on the board.

Basically, each snapshot only displays the one effect that turned on.

Is this possible?

I have the two snapshots and they are turning on and off the two effects but the effect displayed does not change. In my example above, snapshot one shows the distortion under foot switch 5 and it is lit up. Snapshot 2 still shows the distortion under foot switch 5 and it is grayed out, I'd like foot switch 5 to show a lit up chorus.

Snapshots cannot change the board layout, the effect order, or the effects themselves. What they can do is change the on/off state of an effect, and "almost" any parameter in each effect. In other words, no... you cannot change which effect "FS5" manages, and you can't move things on/off the board with a snapshot. 

This is the mindset I approach it with....

1. Presets: Each preset loads a separate pedal board layout
  2. Snapshot: Each snapshot loads a different "default state" for that pedal board, but it cannot change the physical layout of the pedal board created by the preset. 
  3. Stomp: Gives you access to on/off status for 6 of the effects.... (effects can be combined or toggled, but not controlled separately)

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I need to rethink my strategy.  I essentially have a patch where I might want to use one of two different reverbs.  And I have only one vacant footswitch to put them in.  I was hoping to use a snapshot to essentially swap the reverbs in and out with the option of turning the effect on or off with the same footswitch.  I guess I could use two different presets but it's not as convenient changing presets as it is changing snapshots.

I have a question about snapshots, in preset mode touching the same preset you are using it makes to change to snapshot 2, 3, etc, but I tryed and cannot return to snapshot 1, is like it goes to the higher snapshot number and stays there, any help about this? What am I missing, I just read the manual and haven't found anything about this. Thanks