Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Owners - Is it safe to leave plugged into the guitar?

cruzfolmli

It will be fine.  When plugged into your guitar and the small micro switch at the base of the G10 Transmitter's 1/4" Male plug is depressed, the G10 will go into Standby Mode after about 4 Mins of no audio. The battery in Standby Mode is rate for 200 hours, as I recollect. To avoid Standby Mode and have the unit actually Off, simply pull the transmitter out slightly so that the micro switch is not depressed. This is how I leave the Transmitter in the base unit (i.e not fully inserted) when not in use. In this manner, a fully charged G10 Transmitter battery will still be nearly full weeks later. 

MusicLaw's answer is good and will be applicable in most cases.

Some additional information:

If the guitar that it's plugged into is a Variax, without taking precaution, you can expect to run down the guitar's battery, regardless of whether the G10 sleeps.

My G10 has a 'hair-trigger' microswitch. It takes just the tiniest movement of the plunger to activate it. That's fine for connecting it to an instrument, but I've found that it often stays activated when I've removed it from my instrument, meaning that the LED is still green and it's still communicating with the receiver. I have to lightly tap the plunger to turn it off, and it can sometimes turn back on when I just set it down on the table. 

I tend to plug it back into the receiver/charger when not actually using it. This is pretty good insurance against unwanted dead-battery surprises.