Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Amp Model For Jtv

Hi,

I'm new to this site as I only bought my JTV 69 today. Got a B-Stock model for £650. Pretty pleased so far...

I have Amplitube which I play through some PreSonus Studio Monitors and I'm looking for an acoustic amp model so my JTV acoustic models sound better. 

Does anyone know of any modelling software that has acoustic amps in as Amplitube doesn't...

Thanks in advance.

To my way of thinking there would be little purpose for an acoustic amp model since you are already playing thru full range studio speakers.  Some EQ, Compression etc, should get you a great tone.  I some times use Pod Farms pre-amp models with my JTV acoustics but usually just EQ, and compression.

Dan

It seems that all the presets on the guitar sound way better through the Orange OR120 Head in Ampitube. I've also changed the volume to 60% on the first 3 strings of all the acoustic and 12 string models through Workbench. The bass strings were overpowering compared to the treble strings.

I think I'm getting there now. I think I've got a better overdriven sound now too. I wasn't expecting to have to do so much tweaking. 

I'd really like to get a bit more of that Fender "chime" out of the strat model though. There're a lot of people on the internet saying that the Strat model on v1.9 is way better than 2.0. What do you think?

IMHO,  there is more clarity on the 2.0 Spank models but more "quack" and Stratiness (is that even a word?) with the 1.9.

In Workbench, changing the Spank body to the Dano adds some missing life/chime in the 2.0 Spank tones.  Definitely worth trying.  A big improvement to me.