Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone using Mooer Radar Speaker Simulator with their HD?

brokenbones

Hi

I'll do for mooer radar as i believe cab sim is the weakness of pod

Tried putting my audio interfaces in pod fx loop , with IR and yes this does the job , really really good ;)

You 'll have only one cab sim unless you use a midi capable unit that can receive program change message when changing preset.

But here price will increase, Torpedo cab might have midi implementation (not sure), torpedo live and... but budget reaches 800bucks

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, ts020572 said:

You could just test the free Wall of Sounds software from Two Notes with your POD and check if the difference in sound is worth the price for an IR Loader.

I use a Torpedo C.A.B. with my POD and like it :-)

And do you confirm it's like night and day ??? ;)

From my experiment , using wathever good cab sim , avoid the harsh thing you find in almmost every cab when doing high gain stuff

Even boominess and bass is way more controlled.

Global result for me was a really naturrally sound

• 3 weeks later...

so i've received my mooer radar..... and definetly this kills !!!

Before buying this gear i was pretty convinced, with experimentation, that Cab sim in high gain stuff was clearly a weakness of pod hd

Tests with Mooer radar proved it, with default IR everything sits in a mix without excessive tweaking , and sound find some feeling, expressivity....

i'll try and make soundclips comparing both

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Mooer Radar a few days ago. Any tips or tweaks you find useful? Does it sound any different in the effects loop vs the Out of the Pod? I was kind of taken back at how much adding this in the effects loop affects the tone of a modeling patch. The software useability is atrocious and not smooth at all when loading or saving patches; tweaking seems to be instantaneous. Every IR i've downloaded sounds like a trebly mess before lots of eq'ing. I'm trying to add this pedal into the effects loop on my existing distortion patches. I may start from scratch and build around an IR. 

I will say though it has added that little extra oomph non-expensive modeling gear lacks. The proverbial "taking a blanket off a speaker" analogy is a good description. It livens up notes and gets rid of that piezo sounding deadness of my HD500x. I've yet to play with it in a full band scenario.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I’ve put the Radar in my fox loop, turned off the cab in the patch, and used the Radar for the cab.  Sounds nice, but it adds a low hiss through the PA.  It would be great if anyone that has used this setup would post their tips and favorite patch/sim combinations.  

• 1 month later...

I did this exact same thing testing it through my daw reaper, and I wish so bad I had the mooer pedal. What would be even better if someone could hack the pod hd500 edit program to add impulse responses. Hmmmm I wonder if it could be done and saved somehow? Hands down the mooer radar pedal wins!!

The cab sims sound horrible in the HD500, I've been using a H&K Red Box for the last several years as a cab alternative, and It sounds awesome. The Mooer Radar has absolutely been on my wish-list. I just picked up the HX Stomp this week specifically because it hosts IRs. Still plan on nabbing the Radar, though.